United Kingdom and Ireland - 2021 Call for application
The L’Oréal-UNESCO UK and Ireland For Women in Science Rising Talent Programme offers awards from a partnership between L’Oréal UK & Ireland, the UK National Commission for UNESCO and the Irish National Commission for UNESCO, with the support of the Royal Society, to promote, enhance and encourage the contribution of women pursuing their research careers in the UK or Ireland.
March 29, 2021
Start of the call for application/nomination
May 10, 2021
Closing of the call for application/nomination
September 15, 2021
Candidates' final selection
- the UK National Commission for UNESCO and the Irish National Commission for UNESCO
- Royal Society
- £15,000* *(equivalent € for candidates in Ireland)
Main eligibility criteria
- Candidates must identify as female postdoctoral level researchers who have already been awarded their research doctorate in the fields of life science, physical sciences, mathematics and computing, engineering or sustainable development.
- Candidates must have no more than 10 years’ active full-time equivalent postdoctoral experience (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry).
- Candidates must not currently hold a permanent academic post, or have ever held a permanent academic post in the past, or have received, before the start date of the award, the promise of a permanent academic post.
- Candidates must be undertaking research in the fields of life science, physical sciences, mathematics and computing, engineering or sustainable development.
- Psychology, science education and social sciences are not eligible for this Award.
- Candidates must be conducting their research at a UK or Irish university or research institute.
- Candidates can be a citizen of any country, but must already have a confirmed position at a university or institute within the UK or Ireland. This contract must cover the 12-month period of the award.
- Candidates must be residing within the UK or Ireland at the time of application. Applications are welcome from candidates who wish to establish/re-establish themselves after a career break or other period of absence from active research or where the candidate is establishing a research career as a mature entrant or after experience in other fields.
- Intellectual merit
- Clearly articulated research
- How the endowment will enhance the candidate’s career
Total number of endowments awarded since launch