Colombia - 2021 Call for application
The L'ORÉAL-UNESCO For Women in Science programme has been working in Colombia for more than 20 years to recognise and promote the work of women in science. In its twelfth edition, it will recognise seven Colombian women scientists for their great contributions in this field, through the results achieved in the research projects submitted. To date, 44 women have been recognized in Colombia, and this year the awards will be COP$40 million each. This commitment to gender equality from science, has the leadership of L'Oréal Group, Minciencias and ICETEX, convinced that the world needs science and science needs women.
Find out more about the next edition of the Colombian national program.
What are the key dates of the program?
June 1, 2021
Start of the call for application/nomination
August 1, 2021
Beginning of evaluation of applications
November 14, 2021
Candidates' final selection
Main eligibility criteria
- Candidates must be pursuing doctoral studies or a postdoctoral stay (at least one year), or have a doctoral degree and be conducting research at the postdoctoral level.
- Working in Colombia
- Research experience and track record
- Originality and quality of the research project (contribution to society).
- Candidates must have a contract in a research center.
- Training and trajectory of the researchers: Experience and research trajectory of the researchers involved in the proposal, the scientific, technical and technological capacities that ensure the suitability to execute the proposal presented.
- Scientific quality of the initiative or research project: Argumentative quality of the justification, objectives, methodological design and structure of the technical processes proposed to achieve the general objective of the initiative or projects and that it is aligned with the country's development objectives. Articulation of the initiative or research project with the activities described in the proposal.
- Relevance of the proposal: Identification of the hypothesis, concept, method, process or innovative solution that the project intends to contribute to the solution of the need or problem posed and its relevance to the country.
Total number of endowments awarded since launch